Today, I had the rare of experience of cooking only for myself for dinner. It felt good to make something just to satisfy my own cravings.
One of the side effects of this pregnancy is that I have no desire to eat red meat, and so, thanks to a friend, I've discovered MorningStar Chipolte Black Bean Burgers. (These are found locally at Costco.) As a 1/4 lb. veggie burger, they make a tasty and satisfying replacement when everyone else is chowing down on hamburgers. It seems like I find myself at a barbecue each weekend in a summer, so these are a great alternate and much friendlier to my sensitive stomach.
To go with my black bean burger tonight, I made a simple veggie dish that uses all fresh veggies I bought today at a farmers market and herbs picked from my own porch garden.
Simply chop a zucchini, and saute in olive oil and garlic.
Once soft, add tomato (I prefer sweet cherry tomatoes, halved) and a handful of fresh basil. Season with salt and pepper, and finally top generously with mozzarella. Yum! I ate my veggies just like this tonight, but they are also great over pasta or couscous. (You could also add a variety of other veggies like mushrooms, onions, asparagus, etc.; I just added what I had fresh and on hand.)
No comments:
Post a Comment